Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another excellent Matt Taibbi post

No new journalism/writing in this post, I just wanted to point you in the direction of this article by Mr Taibbi, commenting on an article written by David Stockman, “Ronald Reagan’s former budget chief and economic Svengali”. It was posted on Rolling Stone’s TaibbiBlog.

There is a line near the end which caught my eye, and an observation I fervently hope is true:

“slowly gaining momentum in some Republican circles… there’s increasing acceptance of the notion that a monstrous betrayal of so-called traditional conservative economic ideals began to take place in the Reagan years”

I highly recommend you read this short post (as well as the New York Times opinion piece Stockman wrote, which Taibbi is discussing).

On a personal note, I’m rather happy that Taibbi has a new book coming out – Griftopia – which I have already pre-ordered. His books are normally insightful, intelligent, cutting, and amusing.

No comments: