Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Newsworthy Occurrence! (London Fire)

While in London this past weekend, I found myself (for the first time ever) in a position to actually report on a newsworthy event: the fire on Dean Street in London’s Soho, where fire-fighters fought to put out a blaze that left the offices of Future Capital gutted.

Emma and I happened to be walking along Oxford Street, and were able to see the smoke (which we’d originally been able to smell in the Charing Cross branch of Borders). In an unusual display of journalistic-curiosity, I dragged Emma down the street towards the smoke. Below are some of the photos I took of the scene (my phone’s camera, for once, up to the task):

10072009073

10072009069

Finally, considering this photo…

10072009072… I thought this headline that evening was somewhat amusing:

11072009074

No comments: